dr. G. Qiao-Franco (Guangyu)
Universitair docent - Internationale Betrekkingen
6525 AJ NIJMEGEN
6500 HK NIJMEGEN
Artificial Intelligence|Cyber Security|China Studies| ASEAN Studies|Practice Theory |Norm diffusion|International Organisations
Dr Guangyu (Karin) Qiao-Franco (BA&MA-FudanUni; PhD-UniMelb) is Assistant Professor of International Relations (tenure-track), Radboud University. Previously, she was a postdoc of the ERC-funded AutoNorms project at the Centre for War Studies, University of Southern Denmark (2021-2023). She holds a PhD degree in international relations from the University of Melbourne, Australia.
Guangyu has teaching experience through tutoring, leading seminars and lecturing at the University of Melbourne and Fudan University. She has taught various subjects, mainly in the areas of international relations, transnational crimes, Asian studies, and research methodologies.
Her research interests include practice theory, norm contestation, norm diffusion, international organisations, China studies, ASEAN regional governance, emerging technologies (especially AI and cyber security), and non-traditional security issues (such as climate change and human trafficking). Her recent work appears in International Affairs, The Pacific Review, International Relations of the Asia-Pacific, Chinese Journal of International Politics and Journal of Contemporary China. She is the author of the book UN-ASEAN Coordination: Policy Transfer and Regional Cooperation Against Human Trafficking in Southeast Asia (Edward Elgar, 2023).
- Qiao-Franco, G. 2023. UN-ASEAN Coordination: Policy Transfer and Regional Cooperation Against Human Trafficking in Southeast Asia. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar, ISBN: 9781800379541. Volledige tekst
- Qiao-Franco, G. & Bode, I. 2023. Weaponised Artificial Intelligence and Chinese Practices of Human-Machine Interaction, Chinese Journal of International Politics. Volledige tekst
- Qiao-Franco, G. & Zhu, R. 2022. China’s Artificial Intelligence Ethics: Policy Development in an Emergent Community of Practice. Journal of Contemporary China. Volledige tekst
- Qiao-Franco, G. 2022. The ‘ASEANization’ of Non-ASEAN Stakeholders in Climate Change Cooperation. International Relations of the Asia-Pacific. 22:2, 171–203. Volledige tekst
- Song, Y., Qiao-Franco, G. & Liu, T. 2021. Becoming a Normative Power? China’s Mekong Agenda in the Era of Xi Jinping. International Affairs, 97:6, 1709–1726. Volledige tekst
- 2020 - 2025 AutoNorms - ERC: Transforming Norms Research through Practices: Weaponised Artificial Intelligence, Norms, and Order (Honorary Senior Researcher; PI: Ingvild Bode) Meer informatie
- 2021 - Ford Foundation - Julong Agricultural Industry Corporation Zone
Senior Researcher (Honorary) of AutoNorms Project, University of Southern Denmark
(01 februari 2023)
University of Southern Denmark