dr. S.P. Ruth-Lovell (Saskia)
Universitair hoofddocent - Empirische Politicologie
6525 AJ NIJMEGEN
6500 HK NIJMEGEN
Saskia Ruth-Lovell is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Political Science. In her research she focuses on the impact of clientelism and populism on different facets of representative democracy in Latin America and beyond.
She holds a Diploma in Latin American Studies and a Ph.D. in Political Science from the University of Cologne (Germany). Between 2013 and 2019 she worked as a Postdoc at the Institute of Political Science at the University of Zurich (Switzerland) and as a Research Fellow at the GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies, Institute of Latin America Studies, in Hamburg (Germany). In the winter term 2018/2019 she was an interim professor at the Goethe University Frankfurt (‘Vertretungsprofessur’ for Prof. Dr. Brigitte Geißel).
- Bolleyer, Nicole and Saskia P. Ruth (2018): Elite Investments in Party Institutionalization in New Democracies: A Two-Dimensional Approach, The Journal of Politics 80(1): 288-302. Volledige tekst
- Huber, Robert and Saskia P. Ruth (2017): Mind the Gap! Populism, Participation and Representation in Europe, Swiss Political Science Review 23(4): 462-484. Volledige tekst
- Ruth, Saskia P. (2018): Populism and the Erosion of Horizontal Accountability in Latin America, Political Studies 66(2): 356-375. Volledige tekst
- Ruth, Saskia P. (2016): Clientelism and the Utility of the Left-Right Dimension in Latin America. Latin American Politics and Society, 58 (1): 72-97. Volledige tekst
- Ruth-Lovell, Saskia and Maria Spirova (2019) (Eds.): Clientelism and Democratic Representation in Comparative Perspective, Colchester: ECPR Press/ Rowman & Littlefield. Volledige tekst