Structure of the master programme Information Sciences
The one-year master programme Information Sciences in 2016 has been developed in close collaboration with the Faculty of Management. It contains the following components:
Mandatory courses (15 ec)
- NWI-IMK010 Systems Approaches to Information and Organization (3 ec)
- NWI-I00152 Research Methods (mastercourse) (3 ec)
- NWI-IMI003 Philosophy and Ethics for Computing and Information Science (3 ec)
- NWI-IMI004 Software Development Entrepreneurship (6 ec) orNWI-IMC021 System Development Management (6 ec)
One of the following two course packages (18 ec)
- Security & Privacy
- Aligning Business and IT and 2 out of the following 3 courses
- LET-REMA-LCEX06 Text Mining (6 ec)
- MAN-MOD002A Organisational Change (6 ec) or
- MAN-MOD001 Organisation Design (6 ec) or
- MAN-MOD008 Intervention in organisations (6 ec)
Master Thesis (21 ec)
In your master's thesis, you will show that you are able to analyse a problem in information science at master level and design a solution for this problem using scientific methods and techniques. It is possible to combine research for the master's project with an internship in a suitable company.
Free Electives (6 ec)
Courses can be chosen from the course catalogue of the Radboud University.
- Suggested courses in the field of Computing and Information Science include: or one of more of the courses mentioned as alternatives above when not used as part of the compulsory programme.
- Suggested courses in the field of Management include: or one of the courses mentioned as alternatives above when not used as part of the compulsory programme.
Electives should be approved by the Examining Board, and no overlap with other courses is allowed.
Course overview and timetable
The course overview for 2016-2017 can be found here.
The time table of the courses can be generated via the university time table generator on: http://www.ru.nl/rooster/ or http://persoonlijkrooster.ru.nl/ (please make sure to select the right year).
 In 2016, the course Security in Organisations has a 5 ec version (course code NWI-IMC053) in addition to a 6 ec version (course code NWI-I00153). The courses will be taught jointly but the 6 ec version will have some additional project work for students. If you are taking this course in your master, please make sure to register for the correct course code. Students doing the Information Sciences master should take the 6 ec course.
 The following two courses from curriculum 2015-2016 are no longer offered in 2016-2017:
- NWI-IMK003 Business Rules Specification and Application (3 ec)
- NWI-IMK009 Business Service Innocation (3 ec)
If you still need to complete one or both of these courses, or if you already started your master before 2014 and find yourself "in between curricula", please contact the master advisor Perry Groot (Perry.Groot@science.ru.nl ) to discuss replacement courses for your programme. Replacement courses are subject to approval by the Examining Board.