Programme of Science, Management and Innovation
The master specialisation Science, Management and Innovation consists of two years.
Formally, during the first year of your master, you will follow the courses and activities belonging to the master Biology.
In your second year you start with the courses and activities attributed to the SMI. These courses you will follow with students from the entire faculty who are enrolled in this specialisation.
In practice, however, your personal planning may deviate from this. Please contact your student advisor if you need advise on planning.
The requirements for the programma of Biology consist of the following programme-specific components and associated work and study load:
a. Courses in Medical Biology (15 ec)
You have to follow a set of courses that match the compulsory courses for one of the thematic specialisations:
- Clinical Biology
- Medical Epigenomics
b. Science Internship (33 ec)
Your science internship has to be done under supervision of one of the professors of one of the following research groups:
- Biological Psychology
- Biomolecular Chemistry
- Cell Biology
- Cognitive Neuroscience
- Cognitive Psychology*
- Experimental Urology
- Hematology (Incl. Immunotherapy / Molecular Hemato-oncology / Trombose hemostase onderzoek)
- Human Genetics
- Laboratory of Genetic, Endocrine and Metabolic Disorders
- Medical Microbiology (Incl. Virology / Parasitology)
- Mitrochondrial Disorders
- Molecular Animal Physiology
- Molecular Developmental Biology
- Molecular Neurogenetics
- Molecular Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Nephrology: Glomerular Diseases and Transplantational Immunology
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Organismal Animal Physiology
- Orthodontics and Cranofacial Biology
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- Pediatric Oncology
- Pharmacology & Toxicology*
- Tumour Immunology Lab*
* approved if internship contains a translational human physiology component
c. Thesis (6 ec)
d. Master portfolio Biosciences(0 ec)
e. Philosophy course (3 ec)
f. Free space (3 ec)
The SMI specific programme can be found here.