Programme of Molecular Chemistry
For the Master of Science in Science the complete 120 EC programme is:
A. a specialisation related major comprising:
- compulsory specialisation courses: 15 EC
- specialisation related research internship chosen from the list 'departments for internships' elsewhere in this prospectus: 59 EC
These 59 EC include:
- practical work, master thesis, presentation (NWI-MOL501, 47-53 EC)
- a literature thesis (NWI-MOL601, 6 EC)
- optional specialisation courses relevant to the internship (maximum 6 EC)
B. A second research internship (NWI-MOL502) freely chosen in another discipline of 30 EC.*
Including practical work, written and oral report, and optionally one or two courses (max 6 EC) relevant to the internship.
C. Career orientation (1 EC) - For new master students starting in 2016-2017.
D. Scientific Master's electives: 6 EC
E. Free electives: 6 EC
F. Philosophy 2: 3 EC. For more information about your options, click here.
* Instead of internships of 59 ec and 30 ec, also two interships of 44 and 45 ec or a large internship of 89 ec may be taken.
This last option (89 ec) must be on a collaboration project of two research departments of different disciplines. The literature thesis must be written for one of these departments.
All research interships must have multidisciplinary elements.