Programme of Neuroscience
For the Master of Science in Science the complete 120 EC programme is:
A. A specialisation related component comprising:
- compulsory specialisation courses for all Neuroscience specialisations: 15 EC
- A specialisation related research internship chosen from the list 'departments for internships' elsewhere in this prospectus: 59 ec *
- Practical work, thesis, presentation: NWI-MOL501, 53 ec
- Optional elective specialisation courses relevant for the internship: max 6 ec
- The course Systematic reviews in Neuroscience counts as a literature thesis in this specialisation.
B. A second research internship freely chosen in another discipline: NWI-MOL502, 30 ec.*
Including practical work, written and oral report, and optionally a specialisation course of max 6 ec.
C. Career orientation (1 EC) - For new master students starting in 2016-2017
D. Scientific Master's electives: 6 EC
E. Free electives: 6 EC
F. Philosophy 2: 3 EC. For more information about your options, click here.
One of the 15 EC compulsory courses may be interchanged with a course from another research specialisation available for Science students.
* Instead of internships of 59 ec and 30 ec, also two interships of 44 and 45 ec or a large internship of 89 ec may be taken.
This last option (89 ec) must be on a collaboration project of two research departments of different disciplines. The literature thesis must be written for one of these departments.
All research interships must have multidisciplinary elements.