Programme of Science, Management and Innovation
The programme of Science Management and Innovation is constructed in such a way that you will do your Master's specific programme in the first year of your master, and the SMI-courses and activities in the second year. However, due to personal planning you may deviate from this. Note that the outline below is only about the generic part of the programme.
For the requirements of your Master's programme, we refer you to the guide belonging to that master programme.
|Planning of SMI-courses and research project|
|Q1||Core theme course||Innovation Management||
- Theme courses* (total of 12 ec including the 6 ec core theme course for each theme)
|Energy and Climate||Health|
Energy and Climate
|The future of health: from the laboratory to the clinic and from utopia to applications
(6 EC, core theme course)
|Bio-economy (3 EC)||
Neuroscience: optimising cognitive functioning? Sleep, mood and attention management
|Energy Modelling (3 EC)||
Synthetic bio-chemistry, nanomedicine and tissue engineering:from research lab to clinic
|Environmental Life Cycle Assessment (3 EC)|
*For other themes, please consult the SMI-website.
- Business and policy courses (15 ec)
- General elective (3 ec), for instance:
- Project management (in Dutch only)
- Any course in the Science in Society track (3 ec)
- Or any course really, including Faculty of Science master courses
- Research Project (30 ec)
All courses can also be taken as an elective in other Master Specialisations.
For more information, see the website of the specialisation