Research Internship or thesis: practicalities
On this page you will find instructions regarding the administrative practicalities associated with your research project or thesis. For more details regarding the topics and context, please see the relevant links under the specialisation of your choice.
For students doing an internship or writing a thesis in academic year 2017, as of March 2017 we are using a new system for handing in and assessing reports and theses. Please find below more information on the procedure. N.B. These steps should be followed regardless of any other information that can be found in the course description of the Research Internship or on the website of the Master Thesis Lab.
Procedure for internships and theses
Please choose below which situation applies to you
A. You are starting your internship or thesis after March 27th 2017 and have not yet enrolled for the course in Osiris
- Enroll for the course in Osiris.
- You will receive an automatic email with an enrollment form at your science account. Contact your supervisor as soon as possible and fill out the form, including an internship/thesis plan concerning the subject, criteria and the time frame.
- You will be asked to provide details such as the name and e-mail address of your supervisor and the second supervisor, and to upload the above mentioned description of your internship/thesis. You have one month to complete this form.
- Do your internship (including a midterm review with your supervisor) and write your report or write your thesis.
- Once you have completed your report/thesis, please upload the final version as a PDF to http://thesissubmission.science.ru.nl.
- Your supervisor will receive the document by email. Once your first and second supervisor have assessed your report/thesis, they will hand in your grade with the administration. You can then look up your final grade in Osiris.
B. You have started your internship/thesis before March 27th 2017 but have not yet enrolled in Osiris
Please follow the procedure as described above.
C. You have already enrolled in Osiris, but you have not yet completed your internship report/thesis on March 27th
You will receive an email from the Education Centre, asking you to complete the enrollment form (step 2 in the procedure mentioned above) and to follow the rest of the procedure.
D. You have already handed in your report/thesis before March 1st 2017, and you have already received a grade
No further action is required.