Zoek in de site...

Preliminaries & General information

Within each Master's programme you will do one or two internships.

Generally, the first intership is done at Radboud University.  A second internship can also be done at an external research institute, government or in public or private companies both in the Netherlands or abroad.
Within the university there are many possibilies for internships at selected groups in one of the following institutes:

During an internship you work (usually full time) on a topic supervised by a PhD student or a member of the academic staff. Formal supervision (i.e. responsibility and grading) can only be done by a member of permanent scientific staff: full professor, associate professor (UHD), or assistant professor (UD).
As a part of the internship you will give a presentation and write a research report (for one of the internships this is your masters thesis).
Usually your literature thesis is supervized by a member of the same department, but the subject can not be related to your research.
In most cases (sometimes it will be mandatory) you will follow one or more courses related to the research.

On the next page the research departments that are approved for the various research specialisations are listed. With some departments additional requirements are formulated (e.g. a molecular component must be specified).
Not all research projects in the selected departments may be suitable. Likewise it could be that suitable research is performed in a department that is not mentioned in the overview. It is always best to go and talk with researchers in the department about their research and current possibilities and propose the internsip to eduational institute.

Internships should get approval before starting. A form for planning and approval can be found on RadboudNet.

Registering for an internship
At the start of the internship you complete the internship planning form that you can download from RadboudNet together with your supervisor.
After finishing the internship you can get a testimonium (grade letter) at the student service desk for NWI-MOL501 (first internship) or NWI-MOL502 (second internship). Write down the correct department name and supervisor (member of premanent staff). Your supervisor will put you grade on the form and you can hand ik back to the student service desk.

Assessment and grading of your internship
Every internship should take place under ultimate supervision of a professor from the Faculty of Science. You need a supervisor and an external second reviewer to evaluate your internship. Forms for assessment and midterm-evaluation can be found on RadboudNet under 'requests, forms & graduation'.

Going abroad
Make sure that you seriously consider taking your second internship abroad. Spending time in another institute enriches your education enormously. See the pages of the international office for ways to plan your exchange period. Usually researchers at the faculty can help with finding an internship outside Nijmegen. You also need a staff member to be responsible for grading. This staff member acts as second reviewer of the research report.

Vaccination Hepatitis B
Some research departments work with body fluids that may be infected with hepatitis B.
Students who plan a Master research internship in one of these departments will need to be vaccinated (the department knows this). If this is the case the Education institute will subsidise the vaccination with half the cost. Send an email to dr. Luc-Jan Laarhoven with a note from your internship supervisor (member of staff) and you will receive a form to claim the reembursement.
For the much shorter bachelor internships this regulation does not apply.