The rules regarding minors
The rules regarding minors are listed below:
- You can choose from two minors, each worth 15 EC, or one minor worth 30 EC from the selection in the minor guide.
- Space is created for minors in the curriculum for each degree programme. See your individual degree programme’s study guide for the curriculum.
- The choice of minors from the selection is entirely free, with the condition that you must meet any entry requirements at the minor or course level.
- You may choose one elective minor. An elective minor must be approved by the Examination Board.
- You can choose up to 15 EC of first-year courses when filling your minor space.
- A minor taken outside of the Faculty of Arts or the Faculty of Philosophy, Theology, and Religious Studies counts as an elective minor.
- Multiple minors taken abroad are permitted. These “study abroad minors” do not count as elective minors.
- The Faculty minor only starts if more than five students register for them. Minor courses for which less than five students have registered will be converted into guided individual study.
- When registering for a minor, you must register for both the minor and the individual courses within the minor. Registration for minors occurs simultaneously with the registration for courses.