Assessment criteria pertaining to internships in the context of the consultancy profile
(NOTE: if you choose for a consultancy profile, you also need to attend a research internship)
The student is able to:
- plan, organize, and complete an advisory project.
- identify the relevant (intra- and interorganizational) stakeholders, contact them (acquisition), and motivate them to participate in the project.
- elicit, critically assess, and use stakeholder views throughout the policy analytical process from problem structuring till recommending policy actions.
- bridge possible differences in stakeholder views and develop alternative solutions.
- assess the consequences and feasibility of alternative solutions.
- find and use (scientific) evidence wherever that is appropriate.
- maintain an appropriate client focus.
- retain his\her independence towards stakeholders, including the client.
- adequately manage possible negotiations and stakeholder resistance.
- communicate his/her advice in an advisory report that features a clear client focus and is well-structured, concise, persuasive, transparent, and grammatically and stylistically correct.
- deliver a concise, persuasive, and transparent oral presenta- tion to communicate his\her findings to persons involved.