Procedure for registration of internships
As of spring semester 2017, we are using the following procedure for handing in and assessing reports and theses:
- Enroll for the course in Osiris:
NWI-MOL200A Bachelor internship
NWI-MOL501A First Master internship
NWI-MOL502A Second Master internship
Please note: These courses show a standard minimum amount of EC (24 ec for the master internship). In the registration process (see below) you can indicate the actual amount of EC for your internship.
- Upon enrollment you will receive an automatic email with a link to the internship planning form in your science account.
Contact your supervisor as soon as possible and fill out the form, including an internship/thesis plan which describes the subject, criteria and the time frame.
In this prospectus, as well as in the online form you can see which staff members can act as a supervisor. Note that PhD-students cannot act as supervisor!
- You have one month to complete this form, but you should have done so before the start of your internship.
- The internship proposal is checked by an internship coordinator. If it has been approved, you will see this in Osiris, and you can start the internship. If the internship can not be approved, he will contact you.
- Carry out your internship (for masters internships make sure you include a midterm review with your supervisor) and write your report/thesis.
- Once you have completed your report/thesis, upload the final version to http://thesissubmission.science.ru.nl.
- Your supervisor will receive the document, including a plagiarism check, by email within 24 h. Once your first and second supervisor have assessed your report/thesis, they will hand in your grade with the administration. You can then look up your final grade in Osiris.
External internships/confidential reports
If your external internship requires you to keep the report confidential the following applies:
- The report must be available for quality control by the examination board during 5 years.
- In principle the report should therefore be kept at the Faculty of Science, by the responsible supervisor who signed a confidentiality agreement. You do not submit through thesissubmission.science.ru.nl
- If the external partner objects to this, please contact your student advisor, or the study coordinator, dr. L.laarhoven.