Structure of the Master Specialisation Cyber Security
The master specialisation Cyber Security consists of the following components:
- Specialisation basis (30 ec)
- Specialisation electives (at least 15 ec)
- Seminar (5 or 6 ec, depending on the course chosen)
- Research internship (15 ec)
- Philosophy course (3 ec)
- Master electives (12 ec)
- Free electives (10 ec)
- Master thesis project (30 ec)
The total amount of EC's of this programme should be 120 EC at least.
The above components are further described below. Some additional explanation:
- Courses with a TRUE-course code and marked TU/e are taught at Eindhoven University of Technology, the remaining courses are taught at Radboud University.
- Courses taught in Eindhoven are 5 ec. Courses taught in Nijmegen are 6 ec, with the exception of mandatory courses that are part of the specialisation basis: these are also 5 ec.
- Students who take one or more 5 ec courses from Eindhoven as part of their free electives may end up needing 1 or 2 ec to reach the amount of 120 ec needed to complete their programme. For these students, a small project can be defined in relation to the specialisation or to one of the courses taken. Please contact the specialisation coordinator, dr. Peter Schwabe, if this applies to you.
- Further details about the course programme, schedule, and particulars regarding courses of the Eindhoven University of Technology can be found on https://www.true-security.nl/curriculum/.
The components listed above are refined as follows:
Specialisation basis (30 ec)
- NWI-IMC050 Advanced Network Security (5 ec)
- NWI-IMC051 Software Security (5 ec)
- NWI-IMC053 Security in Organisations (5 ec)
- NWI-TRUE01 Principles of Data Protection (TU/e, 5 ec)
- NWI-TRUE02 Cryptology (formerly: Cryptography 1) (TU/e, 5 ec)
- NWI-TRUE07 Verification of Security Protocols (TU/e, 5 ec)
Specialisation electives (at least 15 ec), to be chosen from the following list:
- NWI-IMC001 Hardware Security (6 ec)
- NWI-IMC006 Law in Cyberspace (6 ec)
- NWI-IMC039 Cryptographic Engineering (6 ec)
- NWI-TRUE03 Physical Aspects of Digital Security (TU/e, 5 ec)
- NWI-TRUE04 Applied Cryptography (TU/e, 5 ec)
- NWI-TRUE05 Hacker's Hut (TU/e, 5 ec)
- NWI-TRUE06 Cryptographic Protocols (formerly: Cryptography 2) (TU/e, 5 ec)
Seminar (5 or 6 ec, depending on the course chosen)
- NWI-I00136 Privacy Seminar (6 ec) or
- NWI-TRUE08 Seminar TU/e (TU/e, 5 ec)
Research internship (15 ec)
- NWI-IMC047 Research Internship (15 ec)
Philosophy course (3 ec)
Master electives (at least 12 ec) to be chosen from courses offered by Radboud University or from the remaining TRUE-security courses, and to be approved by the Examining Board. Overlap with other courses is not allowed.
Free electives (10 ec)
Final thesis (30 ec): MSc-project.
The final thesis is scheduled in the last semester. The MSc project is finished by writing a Master's thesis. Generally speaking, students will do their Master's project under the supervision of a member of staff of their own university. However, students may, after consulting a local supervisor, choose to do a Master's project at another site, or an external project at a company or abroad.