Programme of Neuroscience
For the Master of Science in Molecular Life Sciences the complete 120 EC programme is given below. Please note that eventually your programme has to be approved by the examination board.
A. A specialisation related component comprising:
- compulsory specialisation courses for all Neuroscience specialisations: 15 EC*
- Mandatory courses for Molecular Life Sciences: 9 EC
- a specialisation related research internship chosen from the list 'departments for internships' elsewhere in this prospectus: 36 EC
- NWI-MOL501A practical work, report (master thesis), and presentation: 36 EC
B. A second research internship freely chosen from the list 'departments for internships' elsewhere in this prospectus: 44 EC
- NWI-MOL502A Practical work, report, and presentation: 35 EC
- NWI-MOL601 Literature thesis: 6 EC
- An elective course with a molecular component: 3 EC
This second internship may be done outside the university (company, research institute or abroad). If approved by the Internship coordinator, both internships may be taken elsewhere. Supervision of both internships must be provided by two different departments, unless the second internship is taken at another university or institute;
C. NWI-MOL412 Career orientation (1 EC)
D. Scientific master courses: 6 EC (of proven academic level and approved by the Examination Board)
E. Free electives: 6 EC
F. Philosophy 2: 3 EC. For more information about your options, click here.
*One of the 15 EC compulsory courses may be interchanged with a course from another research specialisation available for Molecular Life Science's students.