Programme of Chemistry for life
For the Master's of Science in Science the complete 120 EC programme is:
A. a specialisation related major comprising:
- compulsory specialisation courses: 15 EC
- specialisation related research internship chosen from the list 'departments for internships' elsewhere in this prospectus: 59 EC
These 59 EC include:
- NWI-MOL501A: practical work, master thesis, presentation (47-53 EC)
- NWI-MOL601: a literature thesis (6 EC)
- optional specialisation courses relevant to the internship (maximum 6 EC)
B. NWI-MOL502A: A second research internship freely chosen in another discipline of 30 EC.*
Including practical work, written and oral report, and optionally one or two courses (max 6 EC) relevant to the internship.
One of the 15 EC compulsory courses may be interchanged with a course from another research specialisation available for Science students.
* Instead of internships of 59 EC and 30 EC, also two internships of 44 and 45 EC or a large internship of 89 EC may be taken.
This last option (89 EC) must be on a collaboration project of two research departments of different disciplines. The literature thesis must be written for one of these departments.
All research internships must have multidisciplinary elements.