Programme of Particle and Astrophysics
For the Master of Science in Science the complete 120 EC programme is:
A. A specialisation related component comprising:
- Compulsory specialisation courses: 15 EC
- specialisation related research internship chosen from the list 'departments for internships' elsewhere in this prospectus: 59 EC
These 59 EC include:
- NWI-MOL501A: practical work, master thesis, presentation (47-53 EC)
- NWI-MOL601: a literature thesis (6 EC)
- optional specialisation courses relevant to the internship (maximum 6 EC)
B. NWI-MOL502A: second research internship freely chosen in another discipline: 30 ec.*
Including practical work, written and oral report, and optionally a specialisation course of max 6 ec.
C. NWI-MOL412 Career orientation (1 EC)
D. Scientific Master's electives: 6 EC
E. Free electives: 6 EC
F. Philosophy 2: 3 EC. For more information about your options, click here.
One of the 15 EC compulsory courses may be interchanged with a course from another research specialisation available for Science students.
* Instead of internships of 59 EC and 30 EC, also two internships of 44 and 45 EC or a large internship of 89 EC may be taken.
This last option (89 EC) must be on a collaboration project of two research departments of different disciplines. The literature thesis must be written for one of these departments.
All research internships must have multidisciplinary elements.