- You should register for each exam in Osiris (via portal.ru.nl) up and until one week before the exam date. Once you’ve registered for an exam, you will be put on the instructor’s list of candidates. Prior to the exam, the supervisor will check whether you’re on the list. If you did not register on time or registered incorrectly, you will be excluded from the list, which means you may not take the exam. Make sure to check Osiris whether you’ve registered for an exam as the automatic email you receive upon registration is not a proof of registration.
- Students entitled to special facilities during exams, extended examination time in particular, should timely (two weeks before the exam date at the least) register for these facilities. Students will take their exam in a separate room, which allows them to use their extended time to finish the exam.
- Make sure you are present 15 minutes before the exam starts. This way, we can check everyone’s registration and ensure the exam starts on time.
- You should bring your student card or valid identification. If you haven’t registered for the exam or fail to bring your student card or valid identification, you will be excluded from the exam.
- If you are late to an exam, you are allowed to take part in the exam, but only if you entered the room within half an hour after the exam has started. If you are late, your end time will not be extended.
- You cannot deregister for an exam once you’ve entered the room.
- You are not allowed to leave the room in the first half hour and the final 15 minutes of the exam.
- Using digital or hardcopy notes (either by using smart watches, graphic calculators, and dictionaries) is not allowed, unless otherwise specified on the cover sheet of your exam, and will be considered fraud. You are not allowed to copy or confer with a fellow student as both practices will be considered fraud. In the case of suspicion of fraud, the student is entitled to finish the exam in accordance with article 4.8 of the EER.
- You are permitted to bring a pencil, pen, eraser, pencil sharpener and ruler to an exam. Other aids like a (graphic) calculator, molecule models, dictionaries are allowed when indicated on the cover sheet of your exam. Watches and smart watches are allowed, though only if they remain on your table, unused. It is not allowed to bring pencil cases, coats, bags, books, notes, mobile phones, and other communication devices to your seat. They should be put in front of the room or in another location (to be specified by the supervisor).
- The supervisor will make a note of any toilet visit. You are allowed to go the toilet at least once, halfway through the exam.
- You are allowed to bring food and drinks to the exam. Bring them to your seat immediately after entering the room. You are not allowed to get any food or drinks from your coat or bag during the exam. Do not bring too much food; only food and drinks that can be classified as snacks.
- Instructors should be available to answer any questions about the exam or any aids during the exam. If the instructor is absent, you may ask your supervisor to contact the instructor. When required, the instructor will come to the exam location and answer any questions.
- Generally, any instructions given by the supervisor need to be followed.
The rules and regulations above also apply to digital exams, with the exception of the rules mentioned below.
- If a student wants to take part in a digital exam, they should be in possession of a faculty login.
- Students are not allowed to use any computer programmes other than the exam programme. If they do use another programme, it will be considered fraud. In the case of suspicion of fraud, the student is entitled to finish the exam in accordance with article 4.8.5 of the EER.
- It is the students’ responsibility to immediately report any problems during an exam. Students cannot report anything after the exam has taken place.
- Students entitled to special facilities during exams, extended examination time in particular, should timely (7 days before the exam date at the least) register for these facilities. Students will take their exam in a separate room, which allows them to use their extended time to finish the exam.
If you have any comments or complaints about exam procedures, send an email to email@example.com