Zoek in de site...

Study advisor

There are several persons you can go to for study guidance, see below for who is who. If you doubt where to go, just contact one of them. They can always refer you the right person if necessary. Do not hesitate to seek guidance. Usually students heave a sigh of relief after having discussed their doubts/problems.

Programme Coordinator 
For study guidance with respect to content of the  Behavioural Science Research Master programme (e.g. planning, choices, additional courses, doubts about the programme)  you can contact the programme coordinator; Wendy de Graaf, Room Spinoza, A.08.16 (w.degraaf@psych.ru.nl) 024-3615726.

Study Advisor(s)
For more personal study-related questions or problems. This includes extra information about rules and regulations or exceptions, references to other authorities and information sources, advice regarding your choices or doubts you may have regarding your studies. You can contact the student advisors psychology by making an appointment by following this procedure:

  1. Click this link
  2. Open the page of your programme (Psychology)
  3. Click 'I prefer a specific student advisor'
  4. Choose Jorijn Verbruggen
  5. Fill out the full form on this page and submit
  6. The Education Service Point will send a confirmation of your appointment to your e-mail address. This confirmation also has information on  how to change the appointment if needed
  7. One day before your appointment you will receive a reminder

or if not possible: studentadvisor@psych.ru.nl

Student Counseling
The Student Affairs Office has a number of counsellors at the central administrative level. These include student psychologists, who can help you with personal problems of a psychological nature, and study advisors, who can help you if you are having problems choosing your study.
The Student Affairs Office also provides a number of study skills courses throughout the year. Information about all these services can be found on the RU website; 'Counseling' or 'Training sessions/workshops'.

Exceptional Circumstances 
We strongly advise all students who are affected by exceptional circumstances to contact the student advisor. This not only includes students with a disability or handicap or students who participate in top-level sports but also students who are affected by other exceptional circumstances (such as illness, special family circumstances or personal circumstances) and are worried that this will slow down their studies. For these students the university offers provisions, for which you may want to submit a claim, but these are normally only available when the claim is submitted on time. See regulations-governing-financial-aid-students