Benedictine Centre for Liturgical Studies
The Benedictine Centre for Liturgical Studies (BCL) is a study Centre of the Faculty of Philosophy, Theology and Religious Studies at Radboud University in cooperation with St Willibrord Abbey in Doetinchem, the Netherlands. The BCL conducts monastic, ecclesial and cultural projects on liturgical life in the Netherlands and abroad: research into liturgy from an interdisciplinary perspective, consultancies, lectures, training and education, inspired by the Benedictine tradition.
Members and partners
Find an overview of the researchers connected to the BCL and partner institutions here.
About the institute
The Benedictine Center for Liturgical Studies was founded to strengthen the development of liturgical research and teaching in interdisciplinary dialogue with theories and methods, especially coming from Ritual Studies. The aims of its research and teaching are:
- to contribute to the development of Liturgical Theology in the academic field;
- to serve the liturgical life of the Church in the Netherlands;
- to set up and host an international network for scholars of Liturgical Studies, especially with a monastic background;
- to strengthen the academic reflection in monastic and ecclesial communities;
- to help professionals develop adequate forms of liturgical engagement.