If you are going abroad for a conference or symposium, you may be eligible for a financial (partial) reimbursement from the Profiling Fund, provided that the event is closely related to your study programme and that you contribute to the conference. This should be acknowledged by your supervisor/lecturer.
The conference grant consists of an amount of €75 per day for conferences within Europe, and €120 for conferences outside of Europe, both with a maximum reimbursement of 3 days. The number of times you may apply for this conference grant is unlimited.
Requirements for a conference grant
There are certain requirements that you need to fulfil in order to be eligible for this grant:
- You are enrolled as a (fulltime) student at Radboud University during the conference;
- The conference is relevant for your study programme;
- The conference takes place abroad;
- Your supervisor approves of your attendance by means of a signed letter of approval in which the relevancy of visiting the conference for your study programme is described
How to apply for a conference grant?
If you meet the requirements above, you are eligible to apply for a conference grant. You can always submit an application, as long as you submit it before the conference and as long as you have gone through the entire application (both the online application as well as submitting the required documents) at least one day prior to the conference. If you submit your application after the conference, we will unfortunately no longer take it into consideration.
- Fill out the online application form (please note: Firefox may cause errors)
- After you have submitted your online application form, you will receive an email from us with your Grant Agreement after one business day. Then, please send the following documents to email@example.com before the start of your conference:
- The Grant Agreement, signed by you. Please read this document carefully! This agreement contains the conditions of the grant.
- Letter of Approval (docx, 64 kB), filled out and signed by your supervisor at Radboud University, or your Faculty’s International Office, in which the relevancy of the conference for your study programme is described. You will receive a format of this letter of approval via email after submitting the online application.
It can take approximately 5 business days for your documents to be processed. As soon as we have processed your documents, we will send you an email with your provisional grant allocation (if applicable). It's not possible to receive an advance payment for the conference grant. You will receive the full grant upon completion of the grant application after the conference.
Finalizing your conference grant application
Please send us the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org within one month after the end of the conference abroad:
- Proof of attendance (in the form of a certificate of attendance or a name tag)
We will then process your documents, and if you meet the requirements, we will send you the final grant allocation via email and you will receive the full grant amount on your bank account within approximately 4 weeks.
NB: If you go travelling afterwards, your deadline is not extended and it is your own responsibility to make sure you send us the documents in time.
Digital conference grant
To encourage sustainability and international experiences from home, you can still apply for a conference grant if the conference is hosted digitally.
- The conference must be organized by a foreign institution;
- You are eligible for a maximum of €75,- per day, with a maximum of the registration fee and a maximum of 3 days;
- The general conditions for the conference grant remain the same, but you must also submit proof of the paid registration fee.
Early termination of stay abroad
In case you are returning home from your stay abroad prematurely due to exceptional circumstances out of your control, please contact us via email@example.com.
If you have any questions or remarks, don't hesitate to contact Student Life and International Mobility via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.