Erasmus+ Top-Up for study exchange and traineeship in Europe
At Radboud University we believe that an international exchange should be accessible to every student. Therefore, in the academic year 2022/23 we offer the Erasmus+ Top-Up to students who need some extra financial support for a study exchange or traineeship due to specific circumstances. There’s also an additional Erasmus+ Green Travel Top-Up.
The Erasmus+ Top-Ups are supplementary grants which will be added to the regular Erasmus+ grant. The Inclusion Top-Up is €250 per month, or €8,33 per day. The Green Travel Top-Up is a one-time bonus of €50 and maximum 4 additional grant days. Top-Ups are only available for study exchanges or traineeships within Europe.
Exception United Kingdom
Students going to the United Kingdom:
- can only apply for the Inclusion Top-Up, not the Green Travel Top-Up
- are eligible for the Inclusion Top-Up when they are studying in the UK, unfortunately not when doing an internship
- Will receive €6,00 per day as the top-up
Which students are eligible for the Erasmus+ Inclusion Top-Up?
The following students can apply for the Erasmus+ Top-Up grant:
- students with a physical or mental disability;
- students from families with a lower basic income.
Which criteria apply?
In order to assess your application, we have drawn up specific criteria. When you apply for the Top-Up, you will have to prove that you meet these criteria. This assessment process will take place in a meticulous and confidential manner. You will find the criteria below:
You have a physical disability
- You have been diagnosed with a physical or mental disability that forms a barrier to your studies or international mobility;
- You can prove your diagnosis by submitting a copy of your medical record, or a statement from your doctor. The statement does not need to specify which disability applies; just the confirmation of a disability being present and that it has impact on studies or international mobility.
Your family has a lower income
- You have a supplementary grant from DUO .
Which students are eligible for the Erasmus+ Green Travel Top-Up?
We believe that students who travel to their destination using a sustainable mode of transportation (with low CO2 emissions) deserve a bonus grant. You will receive a one-time payment of €50 and maximum 4 extra grant days to compensate the extra travel time.
Which criteria apply?
Examples of sustainable transportation methods are for instance: cycling, carpooling, the bus or the train. We ask that you use green travel methods for the majority of both the outward journey and the return trip.
To receive the Top-Up, we ask you to take the following steps:
- (In case this applies) save all tickets/proof of travel and submit them to us (digitally);
- After your return, fill out and sign a form (Declaration Green Travel Top-Upin which you describe how and when you travelled.
Procedure and confidentiality
If you meet the requirements and you would like to be considered for the Erasmus+ Top-Up, you can indicate this on the grant application form. We will send you the application form after you have been selected and nominated at your host university for a study exchange. You can apply for an internship exchange during the entire year.
We will then need to check if you are indeed eligible for the Top-Up. This check will take place in a meticulous and confidential manner, respecting your privacy.