Erasmus+ traineeship in Europe after graduating
Erasmus+ allows you to do an international traineeship after graduating. This is only possible within the EU.
You can apply for an Erasmus grant under the following conditions:
- You have arranged the traineeship during your final year of study
- You have completed the application for the Erasmus+ grant before you graduate (allow at least one month for this)
- Your traineeship is within the EU
- Your traineeship will last between 2 and 12 months**.
- The traineeship is full-time, i.e. at least 35 hours per week
Furthermore, the regular conditions for Erasmus+ traineeships within Europe apply.
Your traineeship does not have to directly follow up on your graduation, but your right to an Erasmus+ grant will expire one year after graduation. It is therefore advisable to complete your work placement within 1 year of graduating if you would like a grant for the entire traineeship period.
** Please note that you can receive a maximum of 12 months Erasmus+ grant per study cycle (BA, MA, PhD). So if you have already been awarded a grant, you can receive a grant for the remaining period (so 12 months minus the period you have already been abroad).
For more information on the internship, contact your faculty IO.
For questions about the scholarship, contact the Team International Mobility (Erasmus+).