Radboud Max Planck Internships
A collaboration between Radboud University and Max Planck Gesellschaft has created unique internship possibilities for students of a number of specific Radboud Master's programmes. Selected students of these study programmes can go on an internship to a European Max Planck Institute with a Radboud Max Planck Internship grant and an Erasmus+ scholarship! Internships can last a minimum of 6 months up to a maximum of 1 year. In certain cases, the internship minimum can be reduced to 4 months instead of 6 months, but only if all parties agree on this shorter internship duration.
Max Planck Institutes
The Max Planck Institutes carry out basic research in the life sciences, natural sciences and the social and human sciences. The table on the Max Planck website will list all MPIs meeting your selection criteria in the categories Biology & Medecine, Chemistry, Physics & Technology, Humanities & Social Sciences.
Applying for a Radboud Max Planck Internship
Who can apply?
If you are a student of one of the following Master's programmes you can apply:
- Philosophy (research); contact: Prof. C.R. Palmerino
- HLCS (research); contact: Prof. M.E. Monteiro
- Language and Communication (research); contact: Dr. N. Oostdijk
- Biomedical Sciences; contact: Prof. F. Russel
- Molecular Mechanisms of Disease (research); contact: Prof. R. Brock
- Biology; contact: Dr. H. Nijssen
- Chemistry; contact: Dr. H. Nijssen
- Computing Science; contact: Dr. H. Nijssen
- Medical Biology; contact: Dr. H. Nijssen
- Molecular Life Sciences; contact: Dr. H. Nijssen
- Mathematics; contact: Dr. H. Nijssen
- Physics & Astronomy; contact: Dr. H. Nijssen
- Onderneming en Recht (research); contact: Prof. C. Jansen
- Artificial Intelligence; contact: Dr G. Mecacci
- Behavioural Science (research); contact: Prof. R. Holland
- Cognitive Neuroscience (research); contact: Dr. A. Koning
- Social and Cultural Science: Comparative Research on Societies (research); contact: Dr. J. Tolsma
Which Max Planck Institutes are involved?
You can apply for internships at all European Max Planck Institutes (MPI). An overview of all institutes can be found online. Students are also welcome to do an internship at the Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics in Nijmegen. This internship will, however, not be sponsored by an Erasmus+ grant or Radboud Max Planck Internship Grant.
If you are accepted for a Max Planck Internship, you can apply for an Erasmus+ Traineeship grant. This grant will automatically be supplemented with the Radboud Max Planck Internship grant. In total you will receive €600 per month.
Please note with regard to these aforementioned amounts that the total grant per month is calculated on the number of days that you spend abroad. This means that the calculation of the specific amount always follows the same procedure (and requirements) as the Erasmus+ grant.
You can apply whole year round, it is advised though to start the application procedure 6 months before departure. Interested? If you want to apply, click here for the instructions for application. (docx, 14 kB)