Grants of the Faculty of Philosophy, Theology and Religious Studies
Short Stay grant, Philosophy, Theology and Religious Studies
Are you a student at the Faculty of Philosophy, Theology and Religious Studies and will you partake in a Summer/Winter School or other course abroad? Then you may be eligible for a (partial) reimbursement of the costs. The faculty awards a limited number of Short Stay grants each year. Applications are considered on a first come, first serve basis, so make sure that you apply on time!
Should the coronavirus resurface and physical (short) stays abroad are no longer possible, there is the possibility to apply for the Short Stay grant to participate in a virtual short program at a foreign institution. Please note that grants for physical stays abroad have priority over the grants for a virtual stay. Contact your faculty's International Office to see if you can apply for a virtual short stay grant.
What does this entail?
The grant consists of an amount of maximally €375 per week for a Summer/Winter School or other short course within Europe, and an amount of maximally €500 per week for a Summer/Winter School or other short course outside of Europe. Your final grant allocation is calculated on the basis of the number of days of your programme abroad. The maximum reimbursement is 2 weeks.
Requirements for a Short Stay grant
There are certain requirements that you need to fulfil in order to be eligible for this grant:
- You are enrolled as a (fulltime) student at the Faculty of Philosophy, Theology and Religious Studies at Radboud University;
- The duration of your programmae abroad is at least 5 days (consecutive);
- The programme takes place abroad;
- You will be awarded European Credits (ECs);
- You have not received a Short Stay grant yet before;
- You have permission from the Faculty of Philosophy, Theology and Religious Studies;
- You will leave in more than 2 weeks’ time.*
* A strict requirement is that you apply at least 2 weeks before you leave for an Short Stay grant. If you're too late, we will no longer consider your application and you will not receive the grant. If there is a special reason for your late application, please inform us of your situation in time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will discuss your situation and inform you further.
If you meet the requirements above, you are eligible to apply for a Short Stay grant.
How to apply for a Short Stay grant?
- Please start your application for a stay abroad in your Osiris account.
As soon as your faculty’s International Office has approved your application, it will be forwarded to the central International Office, and we will start your grant application. You will then receive a confirmation email from us, with a link to your online grant application.
- Fill out the online application form (please note: Firefox may cause errors)
After you have submitted your online application form, you will receive an email from us with your Grant Agreement. Then, please send the following documents to email@example.com two weeks before the start of your programme abroad at the latest:
- The Grant Agreement, signed by you. Please read this document carefully!
- Your faculty’s Letter of Approval, filled out and signed by the International Office Faculty of Philosophy, Theology and Religious Studies
As soon as we have processed your documents, we will send you an email with your provisional grant allocation (if applicable).
Advance payment of your grant
If you wish, you may receive an advance payment of 75% of the grant on your bank account. You can indicate in the online application form that you wish to receive the advance payment. You will receive the remainder of your grant after your period abroad has come to an end, provided that you have successfully submitted the required documents in time upon your return and meet all the requirements. Please see the section ‘Finalizing your Short Stay grant application’ below. If you do not meet all the requirements, you need to pay back the advance payment.
Finalizing your Short Stay grant application
After your programme abroad has come to an end, please send us the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org within one month after the end of your course abroad:
- A certificate of attendance
- An online student report with photos of your experience abroad. You will receive a link to this online student report via email a few weeks before the end of your study abroad.
Please note: you should send these documents to email@example.com within one month after the end of your course abroad. If you go travelling afterwards, your deadline is not extended and it is your own responsibility to make sure you send us the documents in time! We will then process your documents, and if you meet the requirements, we will send you the final grant allocation via email and you will receive the remaining balance on your bank account within approximately 4 weeks.
Further information and contact
For questions regarding the application procedure in Osiris and selection for the grant of your Short Stay abroad, you can contact the International Office of Philosophy, Theology and Religious Studies. You can also contact them for general questions about Summer/Winter Schools.
For questions regarding your grant allocation, you can contact Student Life and International Mobility via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case you are returning home from your stay abroad prematurely due to exceptional circumstances out of your control, please send us an email (email@example.com).