Writing policy and advice texts
How do you write attractive, readable policy texts that are concise and persuasive? In this tailor-made course, you will work with your own policy or advice documents in a targeted manner: from assignment to final draft. You will receive targeted feedback and tips which will immediately elevate your notes and advice.
What is the target group of the 'Writing policy and advice texts' course?
It's intended for anyone involved in policy development: policy officers, advisors, managers and board members.
Content and method
Based on an intake interview, your own texts and your learning objectives, we will customise a programme just for you. The meetings themselves are mainly practical, with individual exercises, writing/rewriting policy documents, feedback and theory alternating.
What is covered?
- Setting policy: your policy document in the policy cycle
- The preparation: assignment, goal and reader
- Effective writing strategies
- Text components, structures and formats
- Policy document on an A4 sheet
- Clear structuring and reader-friendly writing
- Inverted pyramid writing style
- Employing persuasion with arguments
- Playing with language: imagery, figures of speech, words that work
- Writing in correct Dutch or English
All our communication skills programmes are tailor-made. What do we mean by this?
You can follow this course at our location, in-company or remotely via the virtual classroom. A combination is also possible. Together we can determine what is desirable and feasible and we can discuss the approach and design of the course. Would you rather follow the course in Dutch? That’s also possible. The costs for an in-company or private training course depend on your specific wishes. You will always receive a customised quote!
Would you like to know more?
Then click on the red button 'yes, I would like more information' or email (email@example.com) or call us (024-361 61 66). We would be happy to make an appointment with you for an obligation-free consultation.