Intensive summer course Social Dutch III (at our location in Nijmegen)
Would you like to be able to speak Dutch to colleagues or friends? Did you complete Social Dutch II and would you like to continue learning Dutch? Or have you already acquired some basic Dutch and would you like to expand your knowledge? And on top of that, would you like to know for example how to ask someone the way and how to answer that question? Or how to talk in the past in two ways? Then our intensive summer course Social Dutch III course is just the thing for you.
|Social Dutch III is offered for FREE to all international students and RU staff who meet the conditions**|
Social Dutch III is intended for those who already have a basic knowledge of Dutch or pick up new languages quickly.
From A1 to A2
To register for Social Dutch III
- You must have successfully completed the Social Dutch II or Social Dutch I for German students
- You must show proof of an A1-level.
- If you do not have any proof, you can ask for an intake interview.
To start at level III, some prior knowledge of Dutch is required. If you have passed level II, you can participate in level III. You can also start at level III if you have studied Dutch before, for example in your home country.
In this course we use the book Start.nl part 2 – Dutch for beginners. You will be doing chapters 1, 2, 3, 5 and 5. Subjects and situations that will be dealt with in Social Dutch III include talking about what you do on holiday, asking someone the way and how to answer that question, describing the future, writing a formal letter or email and typical aspects of Dutch culture.
We work according to a blended learning method, which means that you prepare for the course online. During classes the focus is on communication and actively engaging with this material
|Dates and times||
14 - 18 August
The course will take place on Radboud University campus in Nijmegen
|Language during classes||Dutch|
|Number of classes||10 classes (2 classes per day during 1 week)|
|Self-study||3 hours per day|
|Number of participants||Max. 18|
|Exam||During the final class|
Fees (excluding course materials)
All of our courses and training programmes are exempt from VAT.
|Course fee||€ 455*|
|RU students and RU staff||FREE**|
|WUR staff (10% discount)||€ 409,50|
* The person or organisation paying the course fee will receive the invoice after the course has started.
Social Dutch III is offered for FREE to all international students and RU staff who meet the conditions:
1. Please register using the online registration form. Advance payment is no longer possible. You can only register if you have an IBAN number.
Please note that our correspondence will be sent to the email address that you are registered with at Radboud University, so make sure to check your student account(s).
2. If you are a student or staff member at Radboud University, this course is free of charge provided you meet the 80% attendance requirement. Failure to meet this requirement will result in a direct debit of the course fee.
3. Please note that students of Radboud University can attend two Dutch course for free. If you want to follow a third Social Dutch course, the students fee of € 227,50.
This expanded/new discount rule applies to new registrations. Course fees paid for previous participation in a Social Dutch course are non-refundable.
Schedule an intake
If you completed Social Dutch II or Social Dutch I for German Students with us, an intake won’t be necessary and you can immediately sign up for Social Dutch III.
If you are an exchange student who already has some prior knowledge of the Dutch language, registration is preceded by a free intake interview. In this interview your level is assessed. If you have already obtained Dutch as a Second Language certificate, please bring these to the interview, as well as your student pass or student number. Please use our form to schedule an intake.
See our General Terms and Conditions for more information.
The course material listed below can be purchased at Roelants bookstore
- Start.nl 2 (ISBN: 9789046903797)
After the course, you will receive a certificate of attendance (provided you have attended at least 80% of the classes).
If you would like more information about our courses, please contact our Service Centre:
T: +31 24 361 21 59
Our Social Dutch courses