Social Dutch I for native speakers of German
Would you like to be able to speak Dutch to colleagues or friends? Or read labels in the supermarket, ask a shop assistant where you can find a particular item or carry on a basic conversation with your neighbours? And on top of that, would you like to know about typical aspects of Dutch culture, both within and outside the academic world? Then our Social Dutch I course for native speakers of German is just the thing for you.
Social Dutch I for native speakers of German is offered for FREE to all international students and RU staff who meet the conditions**.
The course is intended for students, PhD candidates, RU staff, expats and anyone else from Germany who would like to learn enough Dutch to be able to communicate in a simple but effective way.
Because of the similarities between Dutch and German, this course goes through the learning materials quickly.
What will the course bring you?
In this course we use the book Start.nl part 1 – Dutch for beginners. You will be doing all the 10 chapters. These chapters will teach you to introduce yourself and someone else, to talk about hobbies, family and daily activities, to know what you can say in the supermarket or another shop, to ask about arrival and departure times in public transportation, to talk about your house, to talk about events in the past, and to order something in a bar or restaurant.
During classes the focus is on communication and actively engaging with this material.
At the end the course, there will be a curriculum-dependent test. Taking this exam is mandatory if you wish to advance to the next level.
Level: from 0 to A1 (CEFR)
After the course, you will receive a certificate of attendance (provided you have attended at least 80% of the classes).
|Dates and times||Course schedule for February will be published soon.|
|Language during classes||Dutch|
|Number of classes||15 classes|
|Self-study||6 hours per week|
|Extra week||If a lesson is cancelled, it will be rescheduled in the week following the last lesson|
|Course fee||€ 495*|
|RU students and RU staff||FREE**|
All of our courses and training programmes are exempt from VAT.
- Start.nl 1 (ISBN: 9789046905661)
The course material can be purchased at Roelants bookstore. Course material is not included in the course fee.
* The person or organisation paying the course fee will receive the invoice after the course has started.
- You can only register if you have an IBAN number.
- Our correspondence will be sent to the email address that you are registered with at Radboud University, so make sure to check your (student) account(s).
Social Dutch I for native speakers of German is offered for FREE to all Radboud University and Radboudumc international students and staff who meet the conditions:
1. This course is free of charge provided you meet the 80% attendance requirement. Failure to meet this requirement will result in a direct debit of the course fee.
2. Students of Radboud University: you can attend two Dutch courses for free. If you want to follow another Social Dutch course, you get 50% discount on the course fee.