Dutch in the social context
Are you a professional who would like to be able to speak Dutch to colleagues? Or read labels in the supermarket, ask a shop assistant where you can find a particular item or have a chat with your neighbours? And on top of that, would you like to know about typical aspects of Dutch culture, both within and outside the academic world? In that case, our tailor-made Social Dutch course is just the thing for you.
Content and approach
Your programme will be tailored to your requirements based on a detailed needs analysis created in consultation with you and the head trainer. Topics that can be included in the training are:
- Basic conversations with friends, neighbors, colleagues such as introducing yourself in private and working settings, talk about daily life, explain what your work is about, ordering meals in restaurants, doing the shopping;
- Having a bit of a discussion on various topics
- Basic grammar: correct main and sub-clauses and sentences in both perfect and imperfect tense;
- Write small everyday e-mails;
- Knowledge of cultural standards and the cultural aspects intertwined with the language.
All our tailor-made courses are blended: face-to-face sessions with one of our professional trainers in combination with a tailor-made self-study programme which you can follow through our online Learning Management System, Brightspace. With this you have the flexibility to plan the sessions which suit you at the best suitable time regarding you work and private life.
Are you interested in a tailor-made training Dutch in the social context?
English and Dutch courses