Oxford Online Placement Test
The Oxford Online Placement Test (OOPT) is an entry level assessment for English courses. This assessment determines the English proficiency of a course participant. Based on its outcome, we will advice you which course best fits your needs.
How does the OOPT work?
The Oxford Online Placement Test (OOPT) takes between 40 and 60 minutes, but most participants will generally finish within 45 minutes. The participant answer open and multiple choice questions to test their listening, reading and grammar skills. The questions are asked by a computer and are graded automatically. During the test, the difficulty of the questions will automatically be adjusted to match the level of the participant until a constant has been reached.
What does the result mean?
The OOPT results are linked to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR), which defines the different language proficiency levels. Based on the results, teachers can assign students to a course that fits their level.
- Are you curious about your English language proficiency? In that case you are welcome to take the OOPT.
- Are you interested in taking one of our English courses? In that case we ask you to take the OOPT before you register. This will give us an idea of your current level of English proficiency.
- € 25
How can I sign up for the OOPT test?
Due to the coronavirus, this test is being offered remotely.
Proceed as follows to sign up for the OOPT test:
- Signing up to take the test
- In the field for payment, add a comment about the reason why you need to take the test (we will use this information to decide whether you will be billed)
- After signing up, you will receive a personal link to the Oxford Online Placement test on the same workday (if you signed up before 4.30 pm.). If you register after Friday afternoon, we'll send you the link on Monday.
- Take the test (this will take about 45 minutes).
Upon completion of the test, the results will be sent to you per email within 1-2 working days.