Our beautiful, modern and green campus in Nijmegen, the Netherlands will be the perfect backdrop for the majority of our courses in the summer of 2022.
On the Sunday before your course start you will have to register in Nijmegen. You will receive more detailed information about this day; where to register, what to expect, what to bring, etc. At the registration you will receive a booklet with important information, your name badge and a goodie bag.
- you have completed your registration by paying your fee
- you have received confirmation from us that the course will start
- you have arranged your (health) insurance
- you have arranged your visa (if applicable)
- you have made your travel arrangements
- you have arranged your accommodation
- you have activated your Radboud account
- you have read about public transport in the Netherlands
What do you need to bring
- A valid passport (or a valid ID card for EU citizens).
- Proof of insurance (travel insurance, medical insurance, etc.)
- If you plan on bringing electronics, you may need to bring a converter as well (220V).
- The weather can differ from day to day in the Netherlands. In addition to summer clothes, be sure to bring something warm. Sportswear and a raincoat might come in handy as well.
- In case you booked an accommodation: Towels (not provided by the Housing Office) and an Ethernet cable.
Currency in the Netherlands
The Netherlands, like the other countries in the Eurozone, uses the euro as its official currency.
The official language of the Netherlands is Dutch, which is spoken by almost all people in the Netherlands. There is also a strong tradition of learning foreign languages in the Netherlands: about 89% of the total population have a good command of English, 70% of German, 29% of French and 5% of Spanish.
Average living expenses
The average living expenses are approx. €100 to €150 a week, but the amount you spend will depend on your lifestyle. More information about living in the Netherlands and daily living expenses can be found on the Study in Holland website.
Getting to Nijmegen
The city of Nijmegen is easily accessible by car, train or bus from all parts of the country. For nation-wide travel, trains are the best option. For more information, please read http://www.ru.nl/radboudsummerschool/about-us/how-get/