Internship - Global Climate Policy Intern, Heineken (Amsterdam)
The HEINEKEN Global Net Zero team seeks a highly motivated and qualified individual to deepen their knowledge of global climate and energy policies through on-the-job skill development and training. The HEINEKEN ‘Brew a Better World’ strategy sets science-based targets to reach Net Zero in Scope 1 & 2 by 2030, and in Scope 3 by 2040. It also commits to maximise circularity and promote healthy watersheds where we operate. With a global presence in 70 countries, HEINEKEN can only meet its ambitions with enabling policy and regulatory environments. The Global Climate Policy Intern will help to build the Global Net Zero team’s policy tracking capabilities. In the course of their work, the individual will gain knowledge on the latest policy and regulatory developments, as well as invaluable skills in policy communication.
The internship is based in Amsterdam and available per January 2023 for the duration of 5 months.
Please note that all interns must be enrolled at a university for the entire duration of the internship. You will need to provide a proof of enrolment with your application. Applications without this will not be considered.
In this internship you will be responsible for:
- Benchmarking global climate and energy policies in the markets where we operate
- Tracking and analysing significant policies and regulatory developments
- Developing and contributing to written material, including policy briefs, with a goal of having specific deliverables authored by the Intern
- Attending and summarising relevant briefings by partner advocacy groups and government agencies
You are a student in a relevant field of study and you have the following:
- Background experience and/or knowledge in climate and energy policies
- Ability to prioritize and to work in a structured way on projects and individually
- Exceptional team player capability and eagerness to learn, share knowledge
- Proficiency in English: written, spoken and interpersonal
- A pragmatic approach with a can-do mentality
- Top-notch writing, editing, research, and analytic skills
You at HEINEKEN
When you are an intern at HEINEKEN you will:
- Learn how to apply your theoretical knowledge and to understand business needs
- GoPlaces; experience new things and meet colleagues from different cultures along your way
- Be challenged and get exciting responsibilities from day one
- Be a member of the international team of interns; boosting your professional (and social J) network
- Be offered the best Friday drinks in the Amsterdam city centre! Here you can try different global and local brands
Are you interested in this internship and would you like to apply straight away? Please click on Apply Now, see below.
Do you want to know more about this internship or the application process? Feel free to contact Hannah Hunt, at email@example.com