Food for Thought & Radboud Meets Refugees: Scientific talks by Refugees (Activiteit)
- donderdag 24 maart 2016 t/m donderdag 24 maart 2016Plaats in agenda
- 14:00 tot
Grotiusbuilding Montessorilaan 10 Nijmegen CPO Room
Food for Thought & Radboud meets Refugees
Festive meeting between academics and students
The Radboud University would like to invite you to a festive meeting with an informal and interactive character. The meeting will be the closing of the Food for thought lectures. Staff and students from the Radboud University will be asked to join. The meeting will hence provide an opportunity for academics and students from Heumensoord and Nijmegen to meet each other.
Why this meeting is special?
The meeting will start with a discussion between the teachers who gave a ‘Food for thought lecture’ and participants on the basis of several statements.
Prof. Kees Groenendijk (sociology of law) will talk about the positive influence of refugees on the Dutch Society.
- The roles will be reversed: 6 refugees from Heumensoord with an academic background will give short presentations. 6 Academics from the Radboud University will react to the presentations. Issues are: robotica (Ahmad Alsattouf and Pieter Koopman), archeology (Dawit Tes Haile and prof. Eric Moormann), English Language (Manal Abdullateef and prof. Hans Bak), dentistry (Tarek Khattab and prof. Jo Frencken) and business administration (Naja Alhadi and counterpart from Faculty of manangement science), Judi Abouraied (farmacie) en André van der Ven (Radboud UMC).
- There will be music and an art exhibition by artists from Heumensoord.
- After the presentations: roundtables for networking.
- Location: Grotius building (Law faculty) room GR 1.104.
14.00 hrs: Opening with coffee, tea and cake.
14.30 hrs: Discussion on the basis of statements.
15.30 hrs: Lecture by prof. Kees Groenendijk.
6 presentations by refugees, reactions from Radboud academics and music.
17.00 hrs: Round tables: get together of academics and students from Heumensoord and Nijmegen (networking).
17.45 hrs: dinner.
18.30 hrs: closing.
We hope you can join us on this special event!
Please send an e-mail to Ricky van Oers (firstname.lastname@example.org) to register
Ricky van Oers
Please sent an e-mail to Ricky van Oers (email@example.com) to register