Scientific ethics course at RIBES
PhD candidates at RIBES can participate in the course Scientific ethics, as part of their standard training. On this page you can read more about the course and find the next available dates.
Scientific ethics (RIBES Graduate School course)
- Two mornings (8 hours)
- Preparation for the second meeting (4 hours)
- 12 hours total time investment
- Course leader: Dr. Luca Consoli
- No costs for PhDs of RIBES
What does it mean to practice ‘good science’? How do you deal with questionable scientific behaviour when you come across it? How can we organise (co-)authorship in an ethical way? During this course, you will get together with your fellow PhD candidates and reflect on good scientific practice and ethics. Dr. Luca Consoli, associate professor at ISiS, will provide you with the tools and concepts to do so. You will also work in groups on a case study of your own.
- Thursdays: 2 and 16 March (9 am to 1 pm)
- Wednesdays: 26 April and 10 May (9 am to 1 pm)