Education at the Faculty of Science
The Faculty of Science offers the following study programmes:
- (Medical) Biology
- Physics & Astronomy
- Computing Science
- Molecular Life Sciences
These study programmes focus on the newest understandings and concepts as well as their impact on science and society. Students are challenged to explore the boundaries of science.
Our study programmes prepare students for positions in scientific research and professional careers related to societal themes such as energy, water, health, or innovation, as well as careers in entrepreneurship or teaching.
In the National Student Survey (NSE), our study programmes have been assessed very positively by students in the past years, especially regarding the level of education, the professionalism and accessibility of our lecturers, study guidance, the study facilities, and the contact with professional practice.
We invite students to participate in our academic community: an open, active, stimulating, and committed environment, where students and staff members know each other personally. In this community, we offer our students:
- highly valued study programmes, ensured by leading academics.
- Internships, which are at the cornerstone of the study programmes. Students collaborate with top scientists as junior researchers and learn to properly conduct research.
- support in finding the student’s goals and ambitions, mapping their strong and weak points, choosing the right courses, and developing their general skills.
- a thorough preparation for a future career by offering various trainings in, for example, professional skills, working in a team, and working on projects. Additionally, we offer various possibilities in getting to know companies and other relevant organisations.
- excellent study facilities (working places, ICT, library). We will continue to encourage the use of such facilities and we will continuously add new ICT based tools, such as web lectures, virtual experiments, and research in a digital environment.
- possibilities for students to develop themselves further in addition to their study programme, such as the Radboud Honours Academy.
- many possibilities to actively participate in our academic community, by means of working groups, committees, and participational bodies, as well as by providing feedback of our education and giving advice regarding how to improve our faculty’s organisation.