Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Not sure how to do a regression analysis? Are you curious about how to interpret a statistical test? Or do you have another question about Statistics or Methodology? First take a look at these frequently asked questions (FAQ) to solve your question. Still can't figure it out? Then you can contact the Statistical Methodological Advice Center (SMAP).
- I want to perform a regression analysis. Do all my variables have to be continuous (quantitative)?
- My dependent variable is ordinal: measured on a Likert scale. Does this count as continuous?
- I want to do a multiple regression analysis. Which assumptions do I need to check?
- What are residual values?
- How and why do I check independence of the data?
- What should I do if independence of the data is violated?
- How and why do I check the assumptions of normality, homoscedasticity and linearity?
- What if normality is violated?
- I have some extreme values in my data. What do I do now?
- What if linearity is violated?
- What if homoscedasticity is violated?
- How do I check multicollinearity?
- How do I deal with multicollinearity?
- How can I check and avoid influential cases?
- When and how do I control for some predictors in a regression analysis?