On this page you can find all the information you need to use Radboud University's and Faculty of Social Sciences' IT-systems. If you are a new student you should follow the steps below.
If you have any more questions about specific IT systems after reading the information below, please see the following links for helpful tips and manuals:
- Work instructions Osiris
- FAQ about Osiris for international students
- Instruction video about the schedule
1. Identity Management
Before you can use the systems of the Radboud University, you need to visit the website of Identity Management to activate and set-up your account. Are you experiencing difficulties trying to log in? Please note the following:
- Have you logged in with an S and afterwards with exactly 7 digits? This combination is called a student number and is unique for every enrolled student.
- Have you used the correct password? You should have gotten an email with your activation code. After using this, you will need to set up your own password. The activitation code can only be used once. In case you need a new activation code, you can fill in the form at www.ru.nl/newpassword.
- Have you enrolled as a student? Are you registered with the Radboud University Nijmegen? If not, please see that you do. For more information go to the site for prospective Bachelor's students and prospective Master's students.
- If you are still unable to log in after following the above stpes, then we advise you to contact or drop by the Student Affairs Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
2. Student Portal
Via the Student Portal you can read your Brightspace messages, send and receive emails, follow different news sources, consult your college schedule, register for courses, browse your grades and more.
Below is a list of the most important parts of the Student Portal.
Osiris is where you can (de-)register for courses and exams, and where you can find your exam results.
The personal schedule is where you can find all locations and times of courses. It is completely modifiable to your registered courses and programmes. The exams and resits will also show up in your personal schedule. You can add your whole study programme at once by choosing 'add timetable' and then 'programme of study'. At the next menu, you can look for your programme. An instruction movie for the personal schedule can be found here.
Visit the schedule page to find more information about the timetable of different courses and to find the year schedule of Faculty of Social Sciences. Via the schedule page of the desired year, you can request information per course (module) or study programme. Schedules of entire examination weeks can be found under study programmes.
In the Study Guide you can find all substantive information about your courses. Click on the study program you are following, to see the courses per study year.
Brightspace is the university's digital study environment. Here you can find content like:
- Announcements from the lecturer(s)
- General course information like schedules and study guide information
- Tasks, assignments and presentations of lectures
For some courses you can can be asked to:
- Participate in discussions on Brightspace
- Hand in files via Brightspace
- Register for group assignments on Brightspace
The content will be offered along established lines but may vary per lecturer.
Are you experiencing difficulties with accessing a course? Please note the following:
- Have you enrolled (via Osiris) for this course?
- Can you sign up for other courses and/or communities? If so, then you should ask the course lecturer if he or she has opened it for students.
- If all else fails then notify STIP about your problem by contacting them at email@example.com. Be sure to provide them with your student number, your name, the name of the course and if possible, the course code.
Microsoft Exchange is the standard e-mail and calendar programme for all employees and students of the Radboud University. Exchange can be reached in a webbrowser at http://mail.ru.nl. When you login, please place ru\ before your employee- or student number (for instance: ru\s123456). You can also login with your primary e-mail adress. Exchange can also be used via Outlook, which is automatically installed on every work station of the Radboud University. Need any help? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Registering for courses and work groups
In order to ensure that you register for the right courses, it is of the utmost importance that you carefully read these instructions. If it still doesn't work then search for the course code and contact STIP (024-3616163 or email@example.com).