Apply for bachelor's degree
Congratulations! You have passed all required courses of your study program and successfully completed your bachelor's thesis; you are ready to graduate. To graduate, you must apply for your bachelor's degree.
When can you apply for your bachelor's degree?
• if all your results are registered in Osiris. So check this carefully and contact a teacher if you miss something
• you are registered on the exam date for the study program for which you are applying for a diploma
• you have met your payment obligations (tuition fees)
What is your exam date?
The exam date is the date on which you officially graduate: this will also be the date on your diploma. If you apply for your diploma within one month of the last result obtained, the date of the last result will be your exam date. If you apply for your diploma later, your exam date will be the date on which you submit your application. If you submit your application during the weekend or on a public holiday, your exam date will be the next working day.
Example: was your bachelor's thesis processed with a positive result in Osiris on 6 November with a test date of 30 October? Then October 30 is your exam date and November 1 as your deregistration date. Even if you do not apply for your diploma until November 6.
The exam date is important for deregistering from Studielink, your tuition fees and your OV card.
Are you applying for your degree in September through May? Then you have to terminate your enrollment via Studielink. When deregistering in Studielink, select the reason GRADUATION. This is not necessary if you graduate in June, July or August, in which case this happens automatically. You will be deregistered by Radboud University on the first of the month immediately following your exam date. From that same month you are no longer entitled to student finance and the public transport travel product. To avoid problems, it is wise to stop your student finance and travel product as soon as possible. You can arrange everything about student finance at DUO.
How do you apply for your bachelor's degree?
- Check whether all required results are in Osiris
- Before completing the application form, first request your study progress overview in Osiris, so that you can quickly find codes and names and, if requested, enter them in the correct place in the form.
- Your thesis will be stored in the thesis repository. You help determine whether your thesis will be made public. In the diploma application form you will be asked to upload a signed copy of the consent form (pdf, 154 kB) (both pages) in PDF. Note: this should not be larger than 500 MB!
- Fill in the application form via the link at the bottom of this page.
The period after your application
- Processing your application takes 3 to 7 weeks
- If you are going to follow a master's program at RU, register for it in Studielink in time
- Once your exam application is completely processed and your exam date is registered in Osiris, you can download an official diploma summary via DUO.
In case you don’t have a DigiD: please request this diploma summary by sending an email to email@example.comYou will receive a permission form to fill out and return.
- When you have finished studying, you must deregister. Also check with DUO which steps you may still need to take (for example, hand in public transport card and stop student finance)
Problems with you application
Your application will be sent to STIP. If you have not received a confirmation on your RU e-mail address, there is a chance that the sending has failed and that the STIP has not received a request from you. Please contact STIP (024-3616163 or email firstname.lastname@example.org) to check whether your application has been received. The confirmation email contains information regarding the further processing of your application by STIP and Diploma Services. You will also find all the information you have entered in the form. Hold onto that email.
Award dates are different for each study program. Consult the schedule of the graduation dates to find out when your graduation ceremony is. Do you want to participate in a specific presentation? Then make sure that your exam date is at least 7 weeks before a graduation ceremony. The exact time and place of the awards will be announced by Diploma Services by e-mail approximately two weeks prior to the awards.
Are you unable to attend the graduation ceremony? Then make an appointment for a reception ceremony. This is only possible after you have received the invitation letter from Diploma Services. You can also authorize someone to collect your diploma for you.
Receive your diploma by post mail?
At the Faculty of Social Sciences, only international students (> 200 km travel distance, one way) can have their diploma sent. Ask STIP (email@example.com) for the conditions and procedure.
Go to the application form.