- When you sign up for a course, you will automatically be signed up for the first examination session (course registration = examination registration). Except when you are a graduating bachelor student and you already want to register for mastercourses: in that case you wil just be registered for the course, not for the exam. That means that you will have to register for the exams once your registration as a master's student is complete.
- If you do not pass the examination, you will have to sign up for the resit yourself through Osiris. This can be done up to 5 workdays before the resit. Please note that official holidays (when the university is closed) do not count as workdays. You are advised to sign up as soon as the marks for the first session are processed in Osiris and you are certain that you would like to take the resit. STIP determines the number of examinations and the size of the examination room based on the number of students who have signed up for the examination. It is therefore important for the number of students who have signed up for an examination to correspond to the number of students actually taking the examination.
- If you do not wish to take an examination (or resit), please deregister for the examination only.
- Please note that you also need to register for resits of essays, papers, assignments, etcetera. This is needed to be able to process your grade in Osiris.
- Please notice that the last score obtained counts (you can check the Education and Examination Regulations on this).
- If you have passed an examination but would like to improve your score, you may take a resit within the same academic year. In this case, you will not be able to sign up yourself; you will need to do this through STIP. Be sure to have the course code available when contacting STIP by telephone (+31 24 36161633) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you are an Artificial Intelligence student, please look at this page for more information about course registration dates.
Problems with signing up or cancelling
- If you are unable to sign up or cancel your registration for an examination or resit through Osiris, contact STIP by email (email@example.com) or by telephone (+31 24 36161633). For faster service, be sure you know the course code.
- If you are unable to take an examination, you should cancel your registration before the examination. If you are not able to cancel your registration by yourself, you will have time to do so through STIP until the end of the examination.
- If the examination will be spread across several rooms, the examination timetable will note the room allocation after 'desciption'. Abbreviations for classrooms are explained in the classroom identification chart. The campus map can be used to locate the classrooms.
- The classification of the examination rooms by name is in alphabetical order. Your last name is taken into account and not prefixes. For example, van Dijk falls under the "D", de Visser under the V.
- The lecturer will announce the date and procedure for reviewing the examination through Brightspace.
- Please be present at the examination room 15-30 minutes before the starting time. All students must individually verify that they are signed up for the examination before being granted access to the examination room. This can take quite some time, particularly for large classrooms. Arriving at the examination room at least 15 minutes early will increase the likelihood that the examination will be able to start on time.
- It is needed to legitimize by a valid ID (passport, drivers licence or ID-card). Legitimation with just your student card will no longer be sufficient. Please make sure you are able to show a valid ID at your exams.
- In case you are late: you are still allowed to come in until 15 minutes after the start of the exam.
- Please attend the toilet before the exam starts. Going to the toilet is only allowed if there are enough invigilators to provide this. This means that it is not always possible to go to the toilet. If you are sure you will need to go to the toilet during the exam, please let the invigilators know before the exam starts.
- The first 30 minutes of the exam you are not allowed to leave the examination room.
Additional rules and regulations concerning examinations are provided in the Education and Examination Regulations (EER).
Other important information regarding examinations:
- Extra time
- Two exams at the same time
- Special facilities
- Digital assessment
- Examination abroad
- Problems during an off-campus exam? Please fill in this form
The schedule with your exams will automatically appear in your personal timetable.
If you have any questions regarding exams, please contact STIP.