Want to choose elective(s) at Social sciences?
You are welcome to choose one or more electives or minors in Social Sciences. Here's how:
- See for each degree programme which courses are open to students from other programmes:
- Check if you meet the admission requirements
Please carefully read the admission requirements in the course description of your preferred course(s).
If you do not meet the requirements, participation is not possible. Then find another course of your interest.
- Does the elective fit into your schedule?
See if the elective(s) fit into your schedule and avoid that electives have overlap. View the step-by-step plan Personal schedule or ask STIP.
- Ensure timely registration as an external/ subsidiary student
Students from other Radboud programmes can register for electives or minors via Osiris.
Students from other universities or hbo institutions can register via this step-by-step plan. STIP can only enroll you for courses, once this registration at Radboud University is completed.
- The application deadline for elective courses and minors in semester 1 is 1 July; for semester 2 it is 1 December. Applying after the deadline is possible, but we cannot guarantee timely processing. In many cases, however, you are still more than welcome to come and take an elective course. After 31 August (semester 1) and 31 January (semester 2), we no longer accept applications.
- Getting the most out of electives/ minors requires extra efforts on your part
- Based on the course description, check whether there are gaps in your prior knowledge and eliminate them as much as possible through self-study.
- Read in the course manual in Brightspace what is expected of you and when.
- Explore the campus so you know your way to the teaching halls and you understand the abbreviations used in the schedule to indicate locations. Also where to find study workplaces.
- Actively seek collaboration with fellow students: studying and discussing with peers make it all worthwhile.
- Inform yourself of the rules and systems of the host programme.
- Do you unexpectedly have to take the resit for your elective? Then register yourself via Osiris Student. STIP has only registered you for the first test attempt.