Time capsule contest
Starting this year, we will be handing out a new prize during the faculty Christmas celebrations. We challenge all (scientific and support) staff members and students to make a multimedia contribution about the Zeitgeist, which deserves a place in the faculty time capsule, hidden in the colorful artwork 'DNA of the moment'. A jury selects the winners. They will receive an exclusive, signed, work of art from the creator of 'DNA of the moment'!
Use your own words/images to show which societal development from the last year has had an impact on your studies/work/education/research.
Societal developments influence our research, education and personal lives. Sometimes this impact is clearly visible, while in other cases it only shows itself in minor instances. Your contribution will take the reader/listener through our times in a gripping way. The specific subject and form are up to you, but if we were to open the time capsule in thirty years, the reader will need to get a clear feeling of the Zeitgeist.
The deadline is on Friday 12 November 2021.
The contest in short:
- For students and staff members (academic/support) of the Faculty of Social Sciences.
- Submissions can be in Dutch or English.
- Use your own words/images to show which societal development from the last year has had an impact on your studies/work/education/research.
- The contribution can be provided in any chosen form of media: text, podcast, vlog/video, spoken word, musical ode, with a length of max. 1000 words.
- Submissions can be emailed, as a word document, mp3, mp4, 3GP, AVI or pdf, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Important: put your own name + student/staff number in the file name and the document itself.
- Submission deadline: Friday 12 November 2021
- Any contestant can send no more than 1 contribution.
- The jury consists of staff and students from the faculty.
- The jury chooses one winner from the submissions by students and one winner from the essays by staff members (academic/support).
- The winners will be announced during the faculty Christmas celebrations. They will receive an exclusive artwork and certificate. Their admissions will be included in the faculty time capsule in the DNA artwork.