Dr. Nadine Hauptmann
(+31) 024 365 3183
Nadine Hauptmann has started as an assistant professor (tenure track) embedded in the SPM department, at the Institute for Molecules and Materials, in summer 2019. Her new group focuses on exploring quantum phenomena in novel 2D material systems, such as 2D semiconductors and materials exhibiting nanoscale non-collinear magnetism, that are of high interest for future’s energy-efficient data storage and data processing technologies. During the last years within the SPM department, she has developed a world-wide unique combination of spin-polarized scanning tunneling microscopy together with magnetic exchange force microscopy (SPEX), which probes independently the geometric, electronic and magnetic structure for both conducting and insulating surfaces. She has been awarded with the Kiel Nano-, Surface and Interface Sciences Award for Nanophysics in 2014. From 2015 to 2016, she received a Feodor Lynen Research Fellowship from the German Alexander von Humboldt Foundation. She was also funded by the NWO Physics/f grant from 2018 to 2019.
- N. Hauptmann, S. Haldar, T.-C. Hung, W. Jolie, M. Gutzeit, D. Wegner, S. Heinze, and A. A. Khajetoorians, Quantifying exchange forces of a spin spiral on the atomic scale, Nature Communications 11, 1197 (2020). Featured as Editors’ Highlights
- Hauptmann, M. Dupé, T.-C. Hung, A. K. Lemmens, D. Wegner, B. Dupé, and A. A.Khajetoorians, Revealing the correlation between real-space structure and chiral magnetic order at the atomic scale, Physical Review B 97, 100401(R) (2018).
- Hauptmann, J. W. Gerritsen, D. Wegner, and A. A. Khajetoorians, Sensing Noncollinear Magnetism at the Atomic Scale Combining Magnetic Exchange and Spin-Polarized Imaging, Nano Letters 17, 5660 (2017).
- Kiraly, N. Hauptmann, A. N. Rudenko, M. I. Katsnelson, A. A. Khajetoorians, Probing Single Vacancies in Black Phosphorus at the Atomic Level. Nano Letters 17, 3607-3612 (2017).
- Bruix, J. A. Miwa, N. Hauptmann, D. Wegner, S. Ulstrup, S. S. Grønborg, C. E. Sanders, M. Dendzik, A. Grubišić Čabo, M. Bianchi, J. V. Lauritsen, A. A. Khajetoorians, B. Hammer and P. Hofmann, Single-layer MoS2 on Au(111): Band gap renormalization and substrate interaction, Physical Review B 93, 165422 (2016).