2018 Time Out
Radboud Time Out
Sometimes you need a Time Out in your life because your study or your job needs much attention and costs much energy. Recent surveys (Spring 2017) showed that on campus about more than 50% of the studentpopulations has complaints about pressure in study and life. Wellbeing is a big issue. See also the articles in Vox about study and wellbeing. Or read in Dutch, in the studentmagazine Ans about this issue
Radboud Time Out
To give more attention to this issue of wellbeing we organize the project Time Out. 4 hours on your one in a house of glass without phone, thinking about the important issues in your life. An opportunity to take some time for yourself. Time Out is part of Radboud Wellbeing Week which takes place in 8-12 October 2018 on the campus. In this week students organize different activities to create awareness about wellbeing. In cooperation with the Studentsupport office, University Studentcouncil and other parties as the Chaplaincy.
The glass house will be on the campus (near the Refter) in this week. On Highschool Arnhem Nijmegen (HAN) we had also a house of glass inside the HAN- building (11-15 June 2018) but the program was different.
HAN campus Time Out Project
- you are in the glasshouse to take a Time Out from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. or 2 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- smartphones, Ipads, laptops are not allowed
- studybooks are not allowed
- books who can inspire you are allowed
- empty books to make notes, to write in, are allowed
- doing some creative stuff, drawing, painting, is allowed
- making some music is allowed
- it is possible that you are asked to cooperate in an interview about your time in the glasshouse (afterwards)
More information will follow soon. You can cooperate differently:
- as someone who want to sit in the glasshouse
- or as a volunteer (to give information) about the project
- or both.
- a form for applying will be soon on the website of Radboud Wellbeing.
At the moment you can get more information about Radboud Wellbeing Week by sending an email to: email@example.com
Time Out Project HAN campus 11-15 June 2018