The research in our group focuses on reliable detection and quantification of volatile compounds in complex gas mixtures. We develop and apply techniques and analytical methodologies using state-of-the-art laser-based spectroscopy (e.g. with supercontinuum sources) and mass spectrometry (e.g. PTR-ToF-MS) for a wide range of gas concentrations (from sub ppb level to ppm and percentages). Applications are multiples and include various Life Sciences domains, as well as other fields: biomarkers detection and monitoring for precision medicine, fruit storage, dairy farming, air pollution monitoring, plasma diagnostics, etc.
The group is part of the Department of Analytical Chemistry and Chemometrics at the Institute for Molecules and Materials (IMM), bridging chemistry and instrumental physics. We participate in the IMM research themes:
#Ademanalyse #Breath Analysis (in Dutch)
Ademanalyse via gassporendetectie, Simona Cristescu.
- PhotonicsNL visits TDLab
- Vacancy for PhD Candidate in Early Detection of Poultry Disease
- Internship (BSc or MSc) positions open
- Sune and Katarina Svanberg visit TDLab
- Kick-off NWA-ORC project OBSeRVeD
- Vacancy for Postdoctoral Researcher in MAX-FRESH project
- Workshop - “Nutrition and cognitive development in children”
- Three IRP 2022 vouchers for Life Science Trace Detection Laboratory
- Kees van Kempen in final round of SPIN Bachelorproject-wedstrijd