Radboud Prestige Lectures
The Radboud Prestige Lectures in New Testament feature international scholarship of the highest order. The lectures are delivered by distinguished scholars of the New Testament who are without exception prominent leaders within their particular area of scholarly focus.
The lectures are held (bi-)annually at Radboud’s historic Soeterbeeck venue and are published by Brill Academic Publishers, who generously support this series. The published volumes feature, in addition to the lectures themselves, responses by scholars from all over the world. This unique format allows for in-depth discussion of the proposals set forth in the lectures and creates a forum for cutting-edge debate among leading scholarly voices.
In recent years the lectures were delivered by:
- Cilliers Breytenbach (Berlin) – publication forthcoming.
- Jörg Frey (Zürich) – publication forthcoming. Respondents include: Richard Bauckham, Jan Bremmer, Terrance Callan, Paul Foster, Jeremy Hultin, Tobias Nicklas, David Nienhuis and Martin Ruf.
- Alan Culpepper (Atlanta) – published in Creation Stories in Dialogue: The Bible, Science, and Folk Traditions
- Pieter W. van der Horst (Utrecht) – published in Saxa judaica loquuntur: Lessons from Early Jewish Inscriptions
- Michael Wolter (Bonn) – published in The Quest for the Real Jesus
For inquiries, please contact Matthijs den Dulk.
The Radboud Prestige Lectures are part of the Faculty of Philosophy, Theology and Religious Studies.