As a member of our team, you will further develop machine learning models and algorithms into software that can be used for solving real-world problems in science, industry and society. Responsibilities entail the creation of software that conforms to industry standards, making software accessible; dissemination of this software via online platforms including cloud services; execution of software on high-performance computing clusters, aiding end-users in applying the software; and porting of software to other computing platforms (e.g. edge computing, FPGA's, neuromorphic hardware). Part of this position (0.6 FTE) is funded by the DBI2 Gravitation programme, of which you will also be an active member. In this context, software development will entail the development of AI solutions in the context of neuroscience and neurotechnology. The other part of this position (0.4 FTE) is funded by the Donders Centre for Cognition. In this context, software development will entail the development of AI solutions in several other domains such as e.g. healthcare, robotics, high-tech industry, STEM and sustainability.
AI Software Engineer at the Donders Centre for Cognition
- 1,0 fte
- Bruto maandsalaris
- € 2.960 - € 4.670
- Faculteit der Sociale Wetenschappen
- Reageer uiterlijk
- You are a software engineer with a degree in artificial intelligence, computer science, engineering or a related field of research.
- You are a proficient Python programmer.
- You have experience with deep learning packages such as PyTorch and/or Jax.
- You have experience with the development of advanced deep learning models in computer vision, audition, language and/or decision making
- Experience with industry standards such as Docker, XXX is desirable.
- Experience with cloud computing (AWS, Azure, etc.) is desirable.
- Experience with high-performance computing (GPU clusters, SLURM) is desirable.
- Experience with development on embedded systems is desirable.
The AI department at Radboud University is seeking an AI software engineer. You will be part of the technical support group at the Faculty of Social Sciences and work closely together with AI researchers. As a department, we focus on the development of new sustainable machine learning models and algorithms that contribute to sustainable development goals.
The Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour is a world-class interfaculty research centre that houses more than 700 researchers devoted to understanding the mechanistic underpinnings of the human mind. Research at the Donders Institute is focused around four themes: 1. Language and communication, 2. Perception, action and decision-making, 3. Development and lifelong plasticity, 4. Natural computing and neurotechnology. Excellent, state-of-the-art research facilities are available for the broad range of neuroscience research that is being conducted at the Donders Institute. The Donders Institute has been assessed by an international evaluation committee as 'excellent' and recognised as a 'very stimulating environment for top researchers, as well as for young talent'. The Donders Institute fosters a collaborative, multidisciplinary, supportive research environment with a diverse international staff. English is the lingua franca at the Institute.
Radboud UniversityWe want to get the best out of science, others and ourselves. Why? Because this is what the world around us desperately needs. Leading research and education make an indispensable contribution to a healthy, free world with equal opportunities for all. This is what unites the more than 24,000 students and 5,600 employees at Radboud University. And this requires even more talent, collaboration and lifelong learning. You have a part to play!
- It concerns an employment for 1.0 FTE.
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €2,960 and a maximum of €4,670 based on a 38-hour working week, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience (salary scale 10).
- You will receive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- It concerns a temporary employment for 3 years.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services. Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Working for us means getting extra days off. In case of full-time employment, you can choose between 30 or 41 days of annual leave instead of the legally allotted 20.
Aanvullende arbeidsvoorwaardenWork and science require good employment practices. This is reflected in Radboud University's primary and secondary employment conditions. You can make arrangements for the best possible work-life balance with flexible working hours, various leave arrangements and working from home. You are also able to compose part of your employment conditions yourself, for example, exchange income for extra leave days and receive a reimbursement for your sports subscription. And of course, we offer a good pension plan. You are given plenty of room and responsibility to develop your talents and realise your ambitions. Therefore, we provide various training and development schemes.
Meer weten?For questions about the position, please contact Marcel van Gerven, professor of Artificial Cognitive Systems at marcel.vangerven [at] donders.ru.nl.
Praktische informatie en solliciterenYou can apply until 1 april 2023, exclusively using the button below. Kindly address your application to Marcel van Gerven. Please fill in the application form and attach the following documents:
- Letter of motivation.
We can imagine you're curious about our application procedure. It offers a rough outline of what you can expect during the application process, how we handle your personal data and how we deal with internal and external candidates.
Met deze vacature willen wij zelf onze nieuwe collega werven. Dit is dan ook géén oproep voor acquisitie.