For all PhD candidates at Radboud University and Radboudumc.
You can have 5 coaching sessions a year. Each session lasts 45 minutes.
How much does it cost?
Nothing. Our coaching sessions are free of charge.
Our coaching sessions are useful at every stage of your PhD project, when you have yet to start writing or you have almost finished.
A coaching sessions lasts 45 minutes. If you like, you can book a follow up session with your writing coach.
Your coaching session will also be with a PhD student at the RU and they have been specially trained by us to be a writing coach.
What can you help me with?
- You find it tricky to focus on a specific topic.
- Your main research question and sub-questions could be more precise.
- You would like to discuss if the structure of your text flows logically.
- You would like to see if your arguments make sense.
- You would like to improve your academic writing style.
- You need to incorporate feedback from your supervisor.
- You have simply got stuck and don’t know how to start writing again.
What don't we do?
During our coaching sessions, we focus on your writing skills. For questions regarding the content of your PhD, it is best to contact your supervisor.
Proofreading and editing
The mark of a good academic writer is originality. We aren't here to correct your text, not even spelling and grammar.
All information shared during a coaching session, will be kept strictly confidential. We will never share information with others.