PON Board Vacancies
We are always looking for new Board Members to support our exciting initiatives!
Would you like to help your fellow PhD's? This is your chance!
Do you want to contribute to a solid and lively PhD community? Are you interested in occupying a key role in the main PhD representative organisation?
Get involved and make the most out of your PhD experience. PON board members play an active role in enriching the lives of all PhD students by organizing social and educational events, and by advocating on your behalf.
At the moment we have several open positions. Contact us, so we can explain you more and we can help you find the perfect role for you. This can range from helping to organize educational or social events to discussing policies and regulations with the Dean.
If you are interested in joining PON or if you have more questions, please contact us. You are always welcome to join one of our meetings to see if PON is something for you. We are looking forward to welcoming you as a new member!
Secretary (part of the Executive committee)
- You will keep track of the PON e-mail. This means that you can sometimes answer the e-mail directly and other times you will redirect it to the right person within PON.
- You will join the chair and/or vice chair occasionally in a meeting. This can include meetings with the graduate schools, PhD councils, or with the dean and board of directors of RU.
- If you want to make an impact in the life of our PhD candidates, this is the position for you!
Member of Communication and PR committee
- We are looking for a new social media star! As a member of this committee you will be keeping the PhDs up to date of the events and news from PON, via social media (Instagram and Facebook). Also, together with the rest of the committee you make sure PON events and news are shared via the website and the screens on campus.
- You can use all your creativity to spice up PON's social media!
Member of the Educational Activities committee
- Together with the other members of this committee you will be organizing educational activities for PhDs around career advice, mental health, work-life balance, professional skills development, diversity and inclusion activities, PhDs cafes to share each other's work and more
- Use your creativity and organizing talent and help us organize more educational events!
For none of the functions you need any prior experience, only a lot of enthusiasm!
What you can offer to PON
Are you interested in making a real difference at Radboud for your fellow PhDs, improving our PhD community, and developing ideas for the future at Radboud and beyond? Then this is your place, contact PON today!
You can be in any year of your PhD, from any faculty/research institute- we represent them all, and we want to hear your voice!
What PON can offer you!
The PON board meets once every two weeks, and usually we go for a drink afterwards. As a board member, you can join us on all our events, sometimes at a discount/for free, and enjoy the PON social life of board dinners and drinks! But most importantly, you will get a chance to make a lasting impact on the Radboud PhD community and get to know more about how universities work, not only in Nijmegen but all over The Netherlands!
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org