Preparations for an internship abroad
How does it work?
Doing an internship is something you have to completely arrange yourself. Please bear in mind the following:
- You are responsible for finding an internship provider. IMO cannot help with this. It may thus take quite some time before you can arrange an internship abroad.
- You need to arrange all kinds practicalities such as travel documents, visa eventually, accommodation, insurance and work permits.
- An internship abroad often comes with additional costs. Will you need an internship grant? Are you eligible? Check this website.
In need of inspiration or assistance?
- Contact NSM Career Service.
- Get in touch with Radboud University Nijmegen student associations, such as AIESEC (worldwide).
- Contact your own study department, as they certainly have contacts of institutions and companies that can be interesting.
- Check with your study advisor, not only for tips but also if you can get credits for your internship, as that is not always the case.
- Take a look at the website of Radboud International at what others did and where they went for inspiration.
- In case you have any questions left, contact IMO. We can help you with some initial practical questions about internships abroad and possible scholarships.