Are you going to conduct a research project abroad? Then you might be eligible for a grant!
- Research for your thesis at a university within Europe or United Kingdom: Erasmus+ grants - Study
- Research for your thesis at an organisation (no university) with a minimum of 35 hours per week, within Europe or United Kingdom: Erasmus+ Traineeship
- Research anywhere within Europe or the United Kingdom (not related to your thesis and with a minimum of 35 hours per week): Erasmus+ Traineeship
- Research anywhere for less than 35 hours per week at an organization other than a university: Individual Travel Grant ITG)
- Research anywhere outside of Europe or United Kingdom: Individual Travel Grant ITG)
- Independent research anywhere (no connection to a university or organization): Individual Travel Grant ITG) for Research
Eligibility grant research abroad
There are certain requirements that you need to fulfil:
- You are enrolled as a student at Radboud University;
- Your period of stay is at least 2 months;
- You don't receive an Erasmus+ grant, Holland Scholarship Programme grant, or Radboud Honours Academy grant;
- You will be awarded European Credits (ECs), this needs to be confirmed by your supervisor at Radboud University;
- You have not received an Individual Travel Grant before;
- You will leave in more than 2 weeks time
Application procedure research abroad
1. Create a new request in OSIRIS
Log in on OSIRIS, go to Stay Abroad and click on 'New request'. Fill out the form:
- Select type of international mobility: ‘Internship Abroad’
- Select in ‘Request for ‘Current degree’ and select in ‘Degree programme’ the study you are currently enrolled in
- Fill out the dates of your stay abroad. The dates can be selected using the loop icon. If you don’t know the dates yet, use the semester dates of Radboud University:
1st Semester: 01 September – 31 January
2nd Semester: 01 February – 15 July
Fill in the information form on OSIRIS. List the host organisation as not applicable or N/A.
3. Submit the request for internship Abroad
IMO will then process your request in Osiris and will make sure Radboud International will continue the process to get your Grant.
4. Grant Agreement and Letter of Approval for Research Abroad
Radboud International will send you a Grant Agreement and Letter of Approval (docx, 69 kB) which you need to complete. The Letter of Approval has to be signed by your research supervisor or study advisor. In this statement you need to address the relevance of the project for your studies. Submit both the Grant Agreement and the Letter of Approval at Radboud International and IMO.